Pedestrians face a certain level of danger each and every day, even when they use sidewalks and other designated foot traffic areas. Even in San Antonio, which is not the largest city in the United States by any means, pedestrians can, unfortunately, be involved in car accidents and collisions.
Pedestrian-involved car accidents are among the most dangerous types of car accidents in San Antonio, as the pedestrian who is struck is most likely not protected by any kind of safety gear or guards. When you’re in a normal, vehicle-on-vehicle collision, you have safety features to protect you, such as airbags. If you’re a pedestrian, this is not the case.
What to Do if You’re in a Pedestrian Car Accident in San Antonio
As with all car accidents, the first thing you should do is make sure that the safety of all involved takes center stage. Get everyone out of the area of danger, especially if a car involved has caught fire or is still moving. Next, call 911 to alert San Antonio emergency medical services and San Antonio police of where you are.
Next, make sure that you retain as much evidence as possible, whether through photos or through eyewitnesses who stick around to help you and the authorities out. When emergency services and first responders arrive, make sure you comply with all their directions and answer any questions they may have.
If you were a pedestrian involved in a car accident, make sure that after you tend to any injuries, you get into contact with a San Antonio car accident and pedestrian-car accident lawyer. A skilled San Antonio attorney can help you walk through your case and determine if you are entitled to compensation. Then, they will help you win that compensation. If you have been severely injured or lost out on income from your pedestrian-car accident injury, this is especially important. Get the money, and the justice, that you deserve for your pain and suffering.
Contact Herrman & Herrman P.L.L.C. at 361.882.4357
Our firm is equipped with over 100 years of combined experience handling personal injury cases across Texas. Our outstanding record of favorable settlements and verdicts includes over 20,000 successfully resolved cases. Once we take on a case, we are relentless and you can rely on us to pursue full compensation for you.
- You can trust our attorneys to be compassionate and professional.
- We will fight hard to obtain a fair settlement for you.
- Our firm represents the injured and families who have lost a loved one due to the negligent acts of others.
- We serve as counsel in a range of injury cases – including car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle, and pedestrian accidents, premises liability cases, product liability cases, and medical malpractice claims.
- We have the ability to dispatch the Herrman & Herrman Accident Investigative Team to the crash scene to start an investigation and preserve critical evidence.