Cypress is one of Houston’s largest and fastest-growing suburban communities. Located about 25 miles northwest of downtown Houston, Cypress has been transformed by extensive residential and commercial development in recent decades.
With growth, comes more traffic. Two highways, U.S. 290 and State Highway 249 connect Cypress to Houston. Car accidents are a common occurrence in Cypress and throughout Harris County.
The Cypress personal injury lawyers at Herrman & Herrman, P.L.L.C. have more than 100 years of combined experience helping injury victims seek the full compensation they need to rebuild their lives after a serious accident caused by another driver.
Our attorneys offer personalized legal service. We treat every one of our clients with compassion and work to help them achieve their desired outcome. If you’ve been injured due to someone else’s disregard for safety, Herrman & Herrman has the resources to handle every aspect of your case so that you can focus on your health and recovery.
Contact a Cypress car accident attorney today by calling 361-882-4357 or by using our online form.
Practice Areas Our Injury Lawyers Cover
At Herrman & Herrman, P.L.L.C., our attorneys focus on car accidents, motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, and other types of personal injury cases. Some of the common types of auto accident cases our attorneys handle include:
- Distracted driving accidents – Distracted driving is one of the most common causes of motor vehicle crashes in Harris County. Any activity that causes a driver to take their attention off the road may be considered a distraction. Common driving distractions include texting, talking on the phone, turning to talk to passengers, eating and drinking, and adjusting the radio. If you were hit and injured by a distracted driver in Cypress, Herrman & Herrman, P.L.L.C. can help you pursue a claim for compensation.
- Drunk driving accidents – Alcohol, drugs, and some types of prescription drugs can limit a driver’s ability to concentrate, impair their judgment, and cause delayed reactions. If you were injured in a crash involving a drunk driver, our attorneys are ready to help you hold the drunk driver accountable for your medical bills and other accident expenses.
- Speeding accidents – Reckless driving and speeding commonly contribute to traffic accidents. The faster a vehicle travels, the more time and distance the vehicle needs to come to a stop. Speeding drivers may not have sufficient time to brake safely if traffic conditions suddenly change. If you were involved in a collision with a speeding driver, our lawyers can pursue a personal injury claim against the driver on your behalf.
- Aggressive driving accidents – Aggressive driving accidents include tailgating, improper lane changes, failure to yield, neglecting to obey traffic signals, and other driving behaviors that put motorists at risk. If an aggressive driver has seriously injured you, you need an experienced Cypress personal injury lawyer to help you seek the compensation you need to move forward without the burden of medical debt.
- Uninsured motorist accidents – According to Insurance Information Institute, about one of every 12 motorists in Texas is uninsured. Many more motorists are underinsured. Even if you are hit by a motorist who doesn’t have adequate insurance, our injury attorneys can help you seek compensation through your uninsured motorist or underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) policy.
In addition to traffic-related accidents, our firm also handles other types of personal injury cases, including:
- Pedestrian accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Slip and fall accidents
- Oil field accidents
- Daycare abuse cases
- Construction accidents
- Brain injury cases
- Spinal cord injury cases
- Burn injuries and explosions
- Unsafe products cases
If someone else’s negligence or misconduct caused you to become injured, our Cypress personal injury attorneys can help. We offer a free, no-risk consultation to all prospective clients.
Below are some of the most common questions our attorneys at Herrman & Herrman, P.L.L.C. hear and what steps to take after an accident.
1. What Do I Do After an Accident?
If you’ve been injured in an accident, there are several steps you should take to safeguard your rights:
- Report the accident – If you were injured in a car accident, you should call 911 and request law enforcement officers to come to the scene. Law enforcement officers will make a report about the accident and document who was involved. You will need a copy of the accident report to pursue an injury claim. If you were injured in another type of accident, report the incident to the appropriate person, such as a manager or landlord. Request a copy of the accident report.
- Collect evidence – If you are able, you should take photos of the scene and your injuries. You should also collect the contact information of any witnesses who might have seen the accident. Your attorney can contact them at a later date to get a statement.
- Seek medical attention – You should be evaluated by a medical professional as soon as possible after the accident. Some injuries are not immediately apparent after an accident, but they could cause complications later. If you fail to be evaluated within that three-day period, the insurer might try to deny your claim.
- Gather documents – Maintain a file with all documentation related to your case, including the police report, hospital bills, medical records, driver and witness contact information, and documents showing lost income.
- Don’t post on social media – Avoid discussing the accident or your injuries on social media with anyone other than your attorney. Anything you say could be used against you by an insurance company in settlement negotiations.
Consult with an attorney to review your rights as soon as possible. There is a two-year statute of limitations on personal injury cases in Texas. That means you must initiate legal action within that time frame, or the court will dismiss your case. If settlement talks fall through, you want to ensure you still have time to file a personal injury lawsuit if necessary. Speak with an attorney right away.
2. Do I Need a Lawyer After an Accident?
An experienced Cypress injury lawyer can help you evaluate your options after an accident. While hiring a personal injury lawyer is not required, it is highly recommended. You will be at a disadvantage in dealing with the at-fault driver’s insurance company if you do not have a lawyer representing you.
The personal injury attorneys at Herrman & Herrman, P.L.L.C. can:
- Launch an independent investigation into the accident that caused your injuries.
- Gather evidence to support your claim. Common evidence used to support accident claims includes witness statements, photos, surveillance video footage, traffic camera recordings, cell phone data, driver testimony, the accident report, and other documentation.
- Establish liability and identify possible sources of compensation.
- Document your losses and your claim’s overall worth.
- Handle all communications with the insurance company.
- Negotiate a settlement on your behalf.
- Take your case to trial if necessary and fight for your right to fair compensation. Our attorneys will guide you through the legal process and keep you updated at every stage of litigation.
3. What Damages Can I Recover?
If you were injured in an accident caused by someone else, you may be entitled to seek compensation for expenses and losses you suffered. Depending on the details of your case, you may demand compensation for:
- Medical expenses – If you needed medical care to treat your injuries, you could seek compensation for healthcare-related expenses, including hospital bills, long-term care, rehabilitative care/physical therapy, surgical costs, diagnostic tests, prescription medication costs, and more.
- Lost wages – If you were forced to take time off work to recover from your injuries, you could recover compensation for the income you lost as a result.
- Future lost income – If you were temporarily or permanently disabled due to the accident, you may not be able to perform your regular job duties anymore. As a result, you might be placed on light duty at reduced pay, or you may not be able to do your job at all. In that case, you could seek compensation for reduced earning capacity.
- Property damage – If your vehicle or other personal property was damaged in the accident, you may seek compensation for repairs or replacement.
- Pain and suffering – Accidents often result in severe physical, mental, and emotional trauma. You may claim compensation for physical pain, emotional distress, mental anguish, loss of enjoyment of life, post-traumatic stress disorder, and more.
A personal injury attorney can help you tabulate your losses and determine what types of compensation you may be eligible to recover.
Emergency Services in Cypress, TX
The attorneys at Herrman & Herrman, P.L.L.C. are active members of our community. In addition to representing personal injury victims across Texas, we also actively support in initiatives and community events, including the Innovation Scholarship, animal rescue programs, World AIDS Day events, and more. We believe in supporting community members through our legal work and other resources connections as well.
Below, we’ve provided some emergency services resources for members of our community:
Hospitals in Cypress, TX
Memorial Hermann Cypress Hospital
27800 Northwest Fwy, Cypress, TX 77433
HCA Houston Healthcare North Cypress
21214 Northwest Fwy, Cypress, TX 77429
ERs in Cypress, TX
Memorial Hermann Cypress Hospital Emergency Center
27800 Northwest Fwy, Cypress, TX 77433
Houston Methodist Emergency Care Center in Cypress
27560 US-290 Frontage, Cypress, TX 77433
Emergency Room at HCA Houston North Cypress
21214 Northwest Fwy, Cypress, TX 77429
Cypress, TX Police
Harris County Constable Precinct 4 Northwest Patrol Substation
14954 Mueschke Rd, Cypress, TX 77433
Contact Herrman & Herrman Today
Our law firm has extensive experience in personal injury law, having handled more than 20,000 cases. We have office locations in Ft. Worth, Brownsville, McAllen, Corpus Christi, Corpus Christi South Side, San Antonio, and Houston. Herrman & Herrman has Spanish-speaking and English-speaking staff, so you can discuss your legal matter in the language that you feel most comfortable speaking.
Contact us today to discuss your case and how we can help pursue the needed compensation after an accident