Herrman and Herrman P.L.L.C. is proud to announce their unwavering support and sponsorship for the second annual Fiesta De La Flor. The festival which embodies the spirit and legacy of the late Selena Quintanilla will provide an array of talented, award-winning Tejano artists such as La Mafia, Ramon Ayala, and Chris Perez, to name a few. The festival, which held its first event last year, is gradually becoming one of the largest Tejano festivals in the country. Put together by the dedicated group over at the Corpus Christi Convention and Visitors Bureau (Corpus Christi CVB), an estimated 75,000 fans are expected to attend, a staggering 25,000 more than their previous year along with added venues and festivities for all ages.
The Corpus Christi CVB announced that along with the original location at North Bayfront Park in downtown Corpus Christi, the festival has expanded to encompass the American Bank Center and the Art Museum of South Texas as well. Doing so doubles the available surface area and allows for an increase in entertainment and artistic offerings for festival goers. Because of the large amounts of people expected to attend this year, the CCRTA will provide a park-n-ride shuttle from City Hall and Nueces County Courthouse to Water St. and Power at the festivities allowing for visitors to park in other areas of downtown.
Presented by Herrman and Herrman, the ‘El Mercado” element of the festival will accommodate the increase in artisans for this year and change its location from outside of the American Bank Center to inside. More than 80 international artisans from Mexico, Central America, South America, and others within the United States are expected to set up booths and display their love for the Tejano spirit and culture allowing visitors to purchase some of their incredible work.
Some additional elements for the festival include:
- La Plaza, presented by Stripes, will offer food truck vendors on-site. Stripes will have the opportunity to showcase its newest venture, their very own food truck featuring delicious menu items from their in-house provider of fresh Tex-Mex food, Laredo Taco Company.
- El Parque, a bubble-infused kid’s zone with a variety of fantastic rides and immersive experiences from the Corpus Christi Museum of Science and History and the Texas State Aquarium.
- The La Palmera Social Media Wall
- McDonald’s Fiesta Tour: Annual Latin GRAMMY® Experience, through its relationship with the Latin Recording Academy, McDonald’s brings to life the joy and passion of Latin music. The 50 foot-plus exhibit consists of interior elements such as a recording studio photo booth, memorabilia displays, and trivia games.
- Multiple on-site Cerveza Stations provided by L&F Distributors.
- A fireworks grand finale illuminating the Corpus Christi Bay presented by H-E-B.
A portion of the money raised at the event will be donated to the Selena Foundation which aims at helping “offer the motivation that every child needs to complete their education, to live moral lives, to love their families, to respect human life and to sing whatever song they were born to sing”.
Be sure to swing by one of our booths as we will be giving away a list of items for free. All you have to do is sign up for our newsletter. Stop by the booth, drop an email and immediately be entered to win. It’s that easy! Prizes include a brand new Ipad, gift cards, flat screen T.V., and many other items. Herrman and Herrman, P.L.L.C., will also be giving away a VIP package which will include a two-night stay at an elegant hotel downtown, two VIP passes into the festival and a dinner for two. Like our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for further details on the giveaway.
Gates will open at 5:30 p.m. on Friday, May, 6 and 10 a.m. on Saturday, May 7 at North Bayfront Park in downtown Corpus Christi. Daily General Admission tickets will be available for $10.00 or $15.00 for a two-day pass. Children 7 and under get in free. Tickets are now on sale via TicketFly.com.