Slip and fall accidents are a fairly common subset of personal injuries. On their exterior, slips and falls don’t seem to be all that dangerous, but they can, in fact, cause severe and lasting harm. Slip and fall injuries can sometimes be more than a minor slide on a wet surface. They can cause hip breaks and other bone fractures, head trauma, and more. If you or a loved one has been involved in a slip and fall accident, here’s what you need to know.
What Can Go Wrong in a Slip and Fall?
Slips and falls are more than the punchline in your favorite slapstick movies. They can cause serious physical damage. Many slip and fall cases involve broken, sprained, or fractured bones. Slips and falls are among the leading causes of hip fractures, making them especially dangerous for individuals over 65. They can also cause brain injury, spinal cord injury, and other nerve and head-related trauma that can leave you paralyzed or worse. In any of these cases, the person who has slipped and fallen could be out of work for a while, making it a costly accident not only in medical costs but in lost wages as well.
Do I Have a Case if I’ve Slipped and Fallen?
If you’ve slipped and fallen at a business or other privately held organization, you may be wondering if you have a legal case. If you can prove, with the help of an experienced personal injury attorney, that your slip and fall was because of the negligence of another party, you could be eligible for compensation for your damages. That means that if a business was not careful enough about the slippery conditions at their establishment, they could have reasonably been acting out of negligence.
What Damages Could I Recover?
If you have slipped and fallen, contact a slip-and-fall attorney in your area to help. You could be eligible to recover medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering costs.
Contact Herrman & Herrman P.L.L.C. at 361.882.4357
Our firm is equipped with over 100 years of combined experience handling personal injury cases across Texas. Our outstanding record of favorable settlements and verdicts includes over 20,000 successfully resolved cases. Once we take on a case, we are relentless, and you can rely on us to pursue full compensation for you.
- You can trust our attorneys to be compassionate and professional.
- We will fight hard to obtain a fair settlement for you.
- Our firm represents the injured and families who have lost a loved one due to others’ negligent acts.
- We serve as counsel in a range of injury cases – including car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle, pedestrian accidents, premises liability cases, product liability cases, and medical malpractice claims.
- We have the ability to dispatch the Herrman & Herrman Accident Investigative Team to the crash scene to start an investigation and preserve critical evidence.