Fort Worth Car Accident Attorney
It’s no surprise that Texas is hub for international trade and shipping as a result of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). Economic growth has brought more and more traffic and led to more frequent motor vehicle accidents including car accidents, truck accidents and motorcycle accidents. If you or your loved one is injured in an accident caused by another driver in Fort Worth, here are four things that may be helpful to you to understand:
- You may be entitled to claim compensation from the at-fault driver’s insurance company to pay your medical bills and other expenses related to the accident.
- You may receive a call from an insurance adjuster representing the at-fault driver and offered a quick settlement.
- Insurance companies will try to take advantage of you by offering a low settlement if you do not have a knowledgeable lawyer representing your interests and are unfamiliar with the settlement process.
- You can speak with a lawyer free of charge about your legal rights if you have been injured by another motorist.
Before you sign anything presented by another driver’s insurance company, inform yourself about your legal rights. Schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with a knowledgeable personal injury attorney to review your Fort Worth, Texas car wreck or truck accident and discuss your legal options. Understanding your legal rights will allow you and your family to make a better decision.
Cases Our Forth Worth Car Accident Attorneys Handle
The experienced car wreck attorneys at Herrman & Herrman, P.L.L.C., represent individuals and families throughout Fort Worth, Texas who have been injured in crashes caused by others. Many Texas families experience financial stress when a loved one is seriously injured and unable to earn income. You may not have the financial means to pay for the medical care that you or your loved one needs. You may feel overwhelmed and be unsure where to turn for help. Our lawyers are committed to pursuing maximum compensation for people who have been seriously injured in Fort Worth, Texas accidents caused by others.
Our attorneys represent people injured in many types of car wrecks including:
- Speed-related crashes;
- Accidents caused by drunk drivers;
- Rear end accidents;
- Distracted driving accident;
- Aggressive driving accidents;
- Failure to yield accidents;
- Intersection accidents.
What to Ask a Fort Worth Car Accident Attorney
When you meet with an attorney about your Fort Worth, Texas car accident, here are some key questions to ask.
- Do I have a valid claim to file a lawsuit? The attorney will review the specific facts of your car wreck and evaluate whether another driver’s negligence likely caused your injuries. The attorney will seek evidence to show that the other driver’s error, misconduct or disregard for safety caused the accident and led to your injuries.
- What is the estimated value of my losses? Many people who try to handle their own injury claim underestimate the actual value of their losses and get shortchanged. The full value of your losses includes your medical and rehabilitation costs, lost income from missed work, future lost earnings capacity if you cannot work or have to take a lower paying job because of your injuries, as well as your pain and suffering. An experienced attorney will be able to estimate the full value of your losses. That can help you avoid receiving less than full value for your claim.
- How many car accident cases has the attorney handled? It is important to work with a lawyer who has years of experience handling cases similar to yours and can provide trusted legal guidance based on experience.
- How does the attorney charge? At Herrman & Herrman P.L.L.C., our attorneys represent clients on a contingency fee basis. That makes it easier for victims of serious car accidents to have an experienced lawyer representing them.
- Is the client responsible for any upfront expenses or fees? If our car accident attorneys handle your car accident case on a contingency fee basis, you will not owe any upfront costs. You only owe a fee if we are successful in obtaining compensation for you.
Are You a Victim of a Fort Worth Truck Accident?
Accidents involving commercial trucks and cars are a concern in Fort Worth, Texas. The size of commercial trucks increases the chances that people in smaller vehicles will sustain serious injuries.
When a truck driver causes a serious accident in Fort Worth, Texas, the trucking company will have lawyers protecting its interests. It is important that you have a dedicated lawyer representing your interests and fighting to make sure that the trucking company is held accountable. The attorneys at Herrman & Herrman, P.L.L.C., represent people who have been injured in car crashes and truck accidents caused by other drivers.
I Was In An Accident. What Do I Have To Prove?
Many times when people approach law firms about an accident they were involved in, they wonder why the lawyers are asking them some of the questions that they do. Proving that someone is responsible to you for your property and bodily injury damages go beyond what common sense may see as “right and wrong”. The basic principle behind who is responsible when an accident occurred is a doctrine called “negligence”.
Negligence forms the basis of many personal injury claims in Texas. To prove a person was negligent, you must show that this person had a duty to you, that they breached this duty, and that this breach of their duty caused you damages. So what does this mean for a car accident?
Everyone, as drivers on public road systems, has a duty to other drivers to ensure they operate their motor vehicles in a safe and lawful manner. This means that motorists should follow all applicable rules of the road and drive in a way that is reasonable for the road conditions at the time. For instance, if there is a heavy rainstorm with very limited visibility, it would probably be a good idea to slow down.
If a motorist is speeding, runs a stop sign, or violates the law or rules of the road in some other way, then they have breached their duty to other motorists. Looking back at the elements for a claim of negligence, so far we have duty and breach. The fact that someone is violating the rules of the road doesn’t mean that you can automatically sue them for negligence. Their actions must be the cause of any injuries you suffer.
For instance, if someone runs a red light and hits you while you move forward with a green light, they will more than likely be considered the at-fault party in an accident. They had a duty to stop at the red light, they breached that duty by running the red light, and their running the red light caused the collision to happen, and the collision caused you to suffer injuries.
This is a basic breakdown of negligence law. There are many subparts and caveats that can apply that must be evaluated on a case by case basis. Most cases are complicated with many factors to evaluate, which is why it is important to consult with experienced legal counsel in regards to your potential claim.
How Can You Get Legal Help in Fort Worth, Texas After an Injury?
Our attorneys are understanding of the fact that you are most likely experiencing a difficult time if you or your loved one has been seriously injured in a serious accident. We are available to visit with you at our office in Fort Worth or at a location more convenient to you in Texas. If your injuries make it difficult for you to travel to a lawyer’s office, one of our personal injury attorneys can arrange to visit you at your home or hospital room or other location that you prefer in Texas.
Our legal team is prepared to investigate your accident, determine the precise cause of your injuries, identify the at-fault parties and negotiate aggressively with the insurance companies on your behalf for a fair settlement that covers your medical bills and other losses.
We believe that it is important for you to have reliable information about your legal rights after an accident. We would be glad to mail you our paperback guide written by personal injury attorney Gregory Herrman offering general information about handling insurance adjusters, the insurance claims process and the legal process after a car crash in Texas. Get your free copy of 7 Fatal Mistakes That Will Ruin Your Texas Auto Accident Case.