Josh Hopkins received his Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from The University of Texas at Austin in 1988. He obtained his law degree from the South Texas College of Law in 1993, where he participated in varsity moot court as a member of South Texas College of Law’s highly successful moot court team. Josh has been Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 2000. Additionally, he has been recognized by his peers as a Super Lawyer by Thomson Reuters. Josh Hopkins is licensed in all State and Federal Courts of Texas and Louisiana. He is also an admitted patent attorney by the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Before law school, Josh worked as a design engineer for FMC Wellhead Controls and gained experience as an engineer which would benefit him in his future work specializing in product liability litigation.
While licensed in Texas and Louisiana, Josh’s unique background and experience in product liability take him to jurisdictions throughout our country. He has litigated cases in Texas, California, Oregon, Idaho, Nevada, Arizona, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Florida, Louisiana, Virginia, Delaware, and Maine.
In addition to handling cases against domestic and foreign automobile manufacturers, Josh Hopkins has successfully prosecuted oil and gas well site accidents and environmental claims against large oil companies and producers. He has also represented clients involved in tractor/trailer truck accidents, medical malpractice, governmental claims, plant explosions, defective drugs, and aircraft accidents. His accomplishments have been featured in Texas Monthly, Verdict Search, and the Texas Lawyer.
When not working, Josh enjoys spending time with his family of five, hunting and fishing with his children, and flying his family in his Piper Turbo Arrow to out-of-the-way and fun places (he is a licensed multi-engine pilot).
HOW JOSH HOPKINS CAN HELP YOU WITH YOUR PERSONAL INJURY CASE
If you’ve been injured in an accident, you might be tempted to pursue an injury claim alone. You may believe that you cannot afford to hire a lawyer. Herrman & Herrman handles personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis. A contingency fee allows injured people to have qualified legal representation without upfront costs. Our clients are not charged any legal fee unless our attorneys obtain compensation for the client through an insurance settlement or court award.
Insurance companies have extensive experience pressuring accident victims to accept low-ball settlement offers to limit the insurer’s liability. Don’t try to take on insurance companies alone. You will be at a disadvantage. Turn to a legal team with a long track record of successful verdicts and settlements in cases like yours.
The Texas personal injury lawyers at Herrman & Herrman have the knowledge and experience to review the facts of your case and offer an honest opinion about your legal rights and what your claim might be worth. If you have received a settlement offer, one of our Texas injury lawyers can evaluate it and help you determine whether it is fair compensation for your losses.
Our personal injury attorneys have experience negotiating with insurers and won’t back down when the other side tries tactics to avoid paying you a reasonable settlement. A Texas personal injury lawyer will seek the compensation you need to rebuild your life after the accident.
CONTACT JOSH HOPKINS IF YOU HAVE BEEN INJURED IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING TYPES OF ACCIDENTS:
Our Texas personal injury lawyers help clients who have suffered injuries in various accidents.
We can help you if you have been harmed by the following:
- Car accidents – Our lawyers have extensive experience handling car accident cases. We will work to identify the party or parties at fault for the crash and build a case to demonstrate persuasively how the parties caused the accident and your injuries. We will seek fair and full compensation through a negotiated settlement or at trial if necessary.
- Truck accidents – Thousands of large commercial trucks travel the roads of Texas every single day. Unfortunately, careless truck drivers and trucking companies disregarding safety put innocent people at risk of serious injuries. If you’ve been injured in a truck accident, let our experienced Texas personal injury lawyers stand up to the trucking companies and insurers on your behalf.
- Motorcycle accidents – Motorcycle riders often suffer grievous injuries in crashes caused by other motorists. Too many motorcycle accidents in Corpus Christi are caused by careless drivers who don’t look for motorcycle riders or violate their right of way. Our personal injury lawyers will work to cut through the bias and stigma against motorcycle riders. Our goal is to seek the financial compensation that you’ll need to recover from a serious motorcycle accident and injuries such as bone fractures, road rash, or traumatic brain injury.
- Product liability – Product manufacturers have a legal obligation to make products that are safe for their intended uses and to warn consumers of any risks that may come with the product. When products have design or manufacturing defects or undisclosed dangers, the product manufacturer may be legally responsible for injuries suffered by consumers. Our attorneys can help you evaluate whether you have a valid product liability claim.
- Brain injury – Brain injuries can leave accident victims with disabilities that leave them unable to work or perform many tasks of daily living. Seeking compensation for a brain injury in an accident often proves incredibly complex. The brain injury survivor may seek compensation for anticipated future medical care and the medical care already provided. Our personal injury lawyers can help you through the difficult recovery process following a brain injury and will fight to make sure you have the resources you need.
- Spinal injury – Spinal cord injuries could cost millions of dollars of care over the course of the victim’s lifetime, especially when those injuries result in partial or complete paralysis, such as paraplegia or quadriplegia. If you or your loved one has suffered a spinal cord injury, you deserve compassionate legal representation. Our attorney can help you determine whether you may be entitled to claim compensation for your injury and expenses related to living with the disability, such as making a home more accessible.
- Wrongful death – If you have lost a loved one due to the negligent or reckless actions of another party, your family deserves to seek accountability and compensation from those at fault for the wrongful death. Our caring and dedicated attorneys can help guide you and your family through this difficult and painful time and seek justice for your loved one.
ABOUT HERRMAN & HERRMAN PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
With over 100 years of combined experience among the legal team of Herrman & Herrman, P.L.L.C., our Texas personal injury attorneys have successfully resolved over 20,000 cases. When representing injured Texas residents, we fight for justice against wrongdoing and aggressively pursue the best resolution to complex personal injury claims.
If you or a loved one was injured, please get in touch with us for a free initial consultation and case evaluation. Herrman & Herrman, P.L.L.C., is a locally based law firm that holds negligent individuals and companies accountable for their wrongdoing. We are not a personal injury mill that advertises nationwide. We provide individualized advocacy in attending to all aspects of claims that involve. Our firm has offices in the following locations: Corpus Christi, Corpus Christi South Side, Brownsville, McAllen, San Antonio, Houston, and Ft. Worth, TX.
We remain by our client’s side, handling all aspects of their claims and attending to all legal, medical, and financial needs. That dedication combines experience, legal knowledge, and insight from a former insurance adjuster and several former insurance defense attorneys. Whether our clients suffer from physical pain from an accident or the emotional grief of death, we treat clients with compassion. We put their mind at ease during difficult times by answering their questions concerning the length of their claim, medical bills, financial compensation, and their overall need for a lawyer.