When you’re out on your motorcycle, the last thing you want to be worried about is whether cars and other vehicles around you can see you. When it’s dark out, however, this may be of the utmost concern. Having a night ride on your motorcycle can be thrilling, but you should always put safety first. Here are six tips to help increase your visibility when you’re out on the road on your motorcycle and conditions are dark.
1. Wear Brightly Colored Clothing
Wearing brightly colored or neon clothing will help drivers, pedestrians, and others on the road to see you, even when it’s dark. You may also want to opt for a neon safety vest that can be easily stored wherever you store your bike.
2. Upgrade Your Headlamp
Making sure your headlamp is bright, not dull, is key to being seen in the dark. Additionally, upgrading your headlamp will help you see the road and others around you.
3. Add Reflective Tape or Decals to Your Bike
Just like neon or bright clothing, adding reflective tape and reflective decals to your motorcycle can help others see you when it’s dark. Cars’ headlamps and streetlights will reflect off of your tape or decals, helping you stay visible in the night.
4. Stay Out of Blind Spots
One of the major ways you can stay visible while out in the dark on your bike is by knowing and avoiding blind spots. Get acquainted with the blind spots of large trucks and passenger cars so you can avoid them and stay within sight of other drivers.
5. Add Auxiliary LED Lights to Your Bike
A great way to stay visible on the road is by adding even more lights to your already lit-up motorcycling. Auxiliary LED lights can be added to the body of the motorcycle to give you more brightness as you ride.
6. Ride in a Group
Another great way to increase your visibility on the road is to ride in a group with other motorcyclists. The combination of your headlamps and movement will help other riders and drivers see you in the dark.
Our firm is equipped with over 100 years of combined experience handling personal injury cases across Texas. Our outstanding record of favorable settlements and verdicts includes over 20,000 successfully resolved cases. Once we take on a case, we are relentless, and you can rely on us to pursue full compensation for you.
- You can trust our attorneys to be compassionate and professional.
- We will fight hard to obtain a fair settlement for you.
- Our firm represents the injured and families who have lost a loved one due to others’ negligent acts.
- We serve as counsel in a range of injury cases – including car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle, pedestrian accidents, premises liability cases, product liability cases, and medical malpractice claims.
- We have the ability to dispatch the Herrman & Herrman Accident Investigative Team to the crash scene to start an investigation and preserve critical evidence.