If you suffer an injury and it is not your fault. You may want to file a lawsuit or make a personal injury claim against whomever you think is liable for the injury. Suffering an injury at the hands of someone else, whether it was intentional or unintentional on their part, could cause you damages that you have the ability to recover through legal action. However, you may be wondering what damages are eligible to be recovered if you’ve suffered an injury. If you’ve incurred expenses, excess pain, or have lost wages due to your personal injury, here’s what you need to know.
What Should I Do If I Suffered an Injury?
First things first: if you’ve been injured, the most important thing to take care of is your personal health. Ensure that you seek medical attention for your injuries and cooperate with medical and emergency professionals so you ensure that you get the care you need. Next, if you feel your injury was either an intentional tort or was the result of negligence on behalf of a third party, you should seek a personal injury lawyer in your area. They can guide you through your case and help you make the moves you need to secure compensation.
What Costs Are Eligible to Be Recovered?
As stated previously, several costs could be recovered as a result of legal action. The first is the medical bills you’ve had to pay to tend to your injury. You’re also able to recover lost wages if you missed work due to your injury. Another cost that you may be compensated for is the value of any pain and suffering you incurred as a result of your injury. This value is calculated differently in each state.
What Should I Do to Better My Chances of Compensation?
To make sure you are justly compensated in your bodily injury claim, seek the help of an experienced personal injury attorney. It would be best if you also kept detailed receipts of any costs you paid as a result of the injury.
Contact Herrman & Herrman P.L.L.C. at 361.882.4357
Our firm is equipped with over 100 years of combined experience handling personal injury cases across Texas. Our outstanding record of favorable settlements and verdicts includes over 20,000 successfully resolved cases. Once we take on a case. We are relentless. You can rely on us to pursue full compensation for you.
- You can trust our attorneys to be compassionate and professional.
- We will fight hard to obtain a fair settlement for you.
- Our firm represents the injured and families who have lost a loved one due to others’ negligent acts.
- We serve as counsel in a range of injury cases – including car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle, and pedestrian accidents, premises liability cases, product liability cases, and medical malpractice claims.
- We have the ability to dispatch the Herrman & Herrman Accident Investigative Team to the crash scene to start an investigation and preserve critical evidence.