Fatal car accidents are among the most tragic incidents that occur on the roads. These deaths are often sudden and shocking to friends and family. Accidents can usually be avoided to an extent. To drive safely and avoid being in any car accidents— fatal or not—it’s important to know why these tragic car accidents happen. While it may be unpleasant to think about, it could be the difference between life and death. Here are some of the top reasons that fatal car accidents occur.
One of the top reasons drivers get into fatal car accidents is that they are drowsy at the wheel. Ensuring you are well rested before you start driving means you won’t be nodding off at the wheel and endangering yourself and others.
Inclement weather can cause a lot of car accidents, some of which can be fatal. Making sure you’re well-versed in how to drive in heavy snow and heavy rain will behoove you as you drive, especially if you live in an area that receives a lot of precipitation.
Driving Under the Influence
It should go without saying but driving while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs can severely impair your judgment, and your driving will suffer as a result. Make sure you’re completely sober before you get behind the wheel.
Being distracted while you can be as dangerous as driving while under the influence. If you’re texting, fiddling with the radio, or talking with a friend, you won’t be as alert and ready to respond to stimuli on the road.
Even if you’re in a rush, you should make every effort not to speed. Speeding puts not only yourself and your carful of passengers in danger, and it puts everyone on the road at risk. When you speed, you have limited time to respond to happenings on the road, like sudden breaks or stop signs and lights.
Contact Herrman & Herrman P.L.L.C. at 361.882.4357
Our firm is equipped with over 100 years of combined experience handling personal injury cases across Texas. Our outstanding record of favorable settlements and verdicts includes over 20,000 successfully resolved cases. Once we take on a case, we are relentless, and you can rely on us to pursue full compensation for you.
- You can trust our attorneys to be compassionate and professional.
- We will fight hard to obtain a fair settlement for you.
- Our firm represents the injured and families who have lost a loved one due to others’ negligent acts.
- We serve as counsel in a range of injury cases – including car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle, pedestrian accidents, premises liability cases, product liability cases, and medical malpractice claims.
- We have the ability to dispatch the Herrman & Herrman Accident Investigative Team to the crash scene to start an investigation and preserve critical evidence.