If you’re a bicyclist in San Antonio, or even if you’re a driver or pedestrian in San Antonio, it is integral that you understand the different bicycle laws in place in this Texas city. If you’re a biker in any city, but especially in San Antonio where there are highly trafficked streets and roads, you are likely nervous about your safety any time you set out for a ride. Though you should always be wearing a helmet and staying attentive while you ride, staying safe also entails knowing the rules where you are. Here’s what you need to know about San Antonio bike laws.
Obey All Traffic Signs and Signals
Just like cars, you must always be on the lookout for traffic signs and signals posted on the roads you ride. That means stopping at stop signs, moving with the flow of traffic, obeying traffic lights, and abiding by posted speed limits when applicable. Additionally, you should always be using the bike lane on streets where there is a designated bicycle lane.
Yield to Pedestrians
The last thing you want to do as a cyclist is accidentally struck a pedestrian. Make sure that at all San Antonio crosswalks, traffic lights, and anywhere else in San Antonio with a density of walkers, that you yield to the pedestrian in all cases.
Stay Safe at Night
In San Antonio, you must equip your bicycle with lights if you intend to cycle at night. This helps you stay visible to drivers, pedestrians, and even other bikers. Sporting lights and reflective vests and other materials help ensure everyone’s safety, including your own.
What to Do in a Bicycle Accident
If you find yourself in the unfortunate situation of being involved in a bicycle accident, whether it’s with another bike, a car, or a pedestrian, you should always make sure that the health and safety of those involved comes first. Then, contact a San Antonio bike accident lawyer, especially if you are not at fault. You may be entitled to compensation, which a San Antonio attorney can help you parse out and fight for.
Contact Herrman & Herrman P.L.L.C. at 361.882.4357
Our firm is equipped with over 100 years of combined experience handling personal injury cases across Texas. Our outstanding record of favorable settlements and verdicts includes over 20,000 successfully resolved cases. Once we take on a case, we are relentless and you can rely on us to pursue full compensation for you.
- You can trust our attorneys to be compassionate and professional.
- We will fight hard to obtain a fair settlement for you.
- Our firm represents the injured and families who have lost a loved one due to the negligent acts of others.
- We serve as counsel in a range of injury cases – including car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle, and pedestrian accidents, premises liability cases, product liability cases, and medical malpractice claims.
- We have the ability to dispatch the Herrman & Herrman Accident Investigative Team to the crash scene to start an investigation and preserve critical evidence.