Car accidents come about by a variety of factors and circumstances. As a driver here in Texas, you may be interested to know when and where most car accident fatalities occur. Here is a list of the most deadly crashes, first broken down by road type then by the month in which they took place:
- US & State Highways running across Texas are the deadliest. More than 1,200 fatal crashes and 1,400 fatalities occurred along these highways in 2013.
- There were 580 fatal crashes and 640 fatalities on roads going from farm to market during the same period of time.
- Along the interstate, 495 fatal car accidents occurred and 554 people lost their lives.
- June was the deadliest month in 2013, with 302 fatal crashes and 336 fatalities.
- In April there were 271 fatal crashes and 300 people died in vehicle-related accidents.
- There was no month in 2013 in which less than 200 fatal crashes occurred.
- Every month, at least 220 people died as a result of injuries sustained in a vehicle-related crash.
In total, there were 3,039 fatal crashes and 3,377 fatalities in Texas during 2013. The only other types of accidents responsible for claiming such a large number of lives are work-related accidents. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, they report that in 2011 there was a total of 4,693 fatal work injuries nationwide
And here’s one other interesting fact to consider if you’re an oil field worker. A 2013 article published by NPR drew a lot of attention to the fact that the fatality rate for gas and oil field workers is reportedly “eight times higher than the all-industry rate of 3.2 deaths for every 100,000 workers.”
If you have sustained serious injury in a car accident in Corpus Christi or the surrounding areas, our legal team is here to help. Contact the law office of Herrman & Herrman to speak with an experienced lawyer. Call 361-792-2358 to schedule a free consultation today!