Misdemeanors are criminal offenses that are less severe than felonies but that still carry consequences. Some such consequences include fines, jail time, probation, home arrest, and more. Some common misdemeanors are DUI’s, or driving under the influence, DWI’s, driving while intoxicated, family violence, resisting arrest, and possession of marijuana, in certain quantities. If you are curious about the punishments for the different classes of misdemeanor offenses in San Antonio, here they are
Class C Misdemeanor
Class C Misdemeanors are the least severe class of misdemeanors, and often include offenses like public intoxication and DUI’s. A Class C Misdemeanor in San Antonio typically come with the penalty of a fine not to exceed $500 and typically do not involve jail time,
Class B Misdemeanor
Class B Misdemeanors in San Antonio usually include crimes like DWI’s and possession of specific drugs in certain quantities. A Class B Misdemeanor will carry a fine of no more than $2,000, may involve jail time up to 180 days, and could involve probation for up to six months.
Class A Misdemeanor
Class A Misdemeanors are the most severe class of misdemeanors, just before crimes start getting classified as felonies. Typical crimes in this class are assault, family violence, and theft between $500 and $1,500. A Class A Misdemeanor in San Antonio carries a penalty of up to $2,000 in fines, up to 1 (one) year in jail, and up to a year probation.
Even though misdemeanor offenses are not as severe as felonies, they can still affect your life and they still come with consequences. If you have been accused of a misdemeanor crime, you should hire an experienced criminal defense attorney in San Antonio. A San Antonio lawyer will be able to advise you and walk you through your case as you fight for your innocence or a lower penalty.
Contact Herrman & Herrman P.L.L.C. at 361.882.4357
Our firm is equipped with over 100 years of combined experience handling personal injury cases across Texas. Our outstanding record of favorable settlements and verdicts includes over 20,000 successfully resolved cases. Once we take on a case, we are relentless and you can rely on us to pursue full compensation for you.
- You can trust our attorneys to be compassionate and professional.
- We will fight hard to obtain a fair settlement for you.
- Our firm represents the injured and families who have lost a loved one due to the negligent acts of others.
- We serve as counsel in a range of injury cases – including car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle, and pedestrian accidents, premises liability cases, product liability cases, and medical malpractice claims.
- We have the ability to dispatch the Herrman & Herrman Accident Investigative Team to the crash scene to start an investigation and preserve critical evidence.