Family believes space heater to blame for fatal San Antonio house fire

SAN ANTONIO, TX – The family of a woman who was killed in an East San Antonio residential fire on Wednesday says a space heater may have been to blame for the blaze.

According to KSAT, 68-year-old Maria Trevino was killed after a fire tore through her home within the 7000 block of Runnels Avenue.

Travino’s son attempted to rescue his mother multiple times. Unfortunately, by the time fire crews arrived, the blaze had already fully engulfed the home.

Family members say the space heater was being used in a different room may have sparked the fire that left Travino trapped in her bedroom. Firefighters have not yet established an official cause of the fire as of Thursday evening.

If you have been burned or otherwise injured as the result of a residential fire in the San Antonio region, you may be entitled to significant compensation. The San Antonio personal injury attorneys with Herrman and Herrman will take on every aspect of the complex claims process so you can focus on what matters most: recovering from your injuries. Contact our offices today to set up a consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney at absolutely no charge to you.

About the Author

LIVE CHAT