SAN ANTONIO, TX – A woman is recovering in the hospital after sustaining a head injury while attempting to escape a fire on the Southwest Side Saturday morning.
According to News 4 San Antonio, officials with the San Antonio Fire Department in Gladstone responded to the scene shortly after midnight.
All three people inside the home were able to escape the home. However, a woman fell down the stairs as she was doing so, and suffered a serious head injury. She was transported to the hospital in stable condition.
The fire was extinguished but not before causing an estimated $45,000 worth of damage.
Police believe the blaze was ignited by a lit cigarette being improperly disposed of in a trash can.
Have you sustained an injury resulting from a house fire in San Antonio? Are you in need of an experienced attorney to assist you in getting compensation for your injuries? If so, the San Antonio personal injury attorneys with Herrman and Herrman are standing ready to help you get the money you deserve. Contact our offices today to discuss the details of your case with a licensed attorney.