Motorcycling can be an extremely freeing hobby. It is also a thrilling way to see the world. Many motorcyclists like to take long scenic drives across their individual countries. However, motorcycles can also be extremely dangerous if proper safety precautions and careful driving are not employed. One of the biggest and most important precautions to take when riding a motorcycle is to wear protective gear. Especially a good quality motorcycle helmet. Helmets can absolutely save lives when it comes to motorcycling.
The Importance of Wearing a Helmet When Motorcycling
According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 37 percent of deaths from motorcycle accidents the riders involved in crashes could be prevented if the motorcycle driver was wearing a helmet at the time when the crash occurred. The death of motorcycle passengers is even more preventable if they wear a proper motorcycle helmet—41 percent fewer deaths would occur if they were wearing one.
How Motorcycle Helmets Save Lives
When a person is wearing a motorcycle helmet, they actively protect not only their skull and face but also their brain and spine. Upon impact, brains can suffer traumatic injuries resulting in injuries as mild as concussions to as severe as paralysis or brain death. Helmets help protect against the dangerous results of a head impact during a motorcycle crash.
What to Do if You’re in an Accident
If you are in a motorcycle accident that results in a personal injury- no matter the severity—and you are not at fault, you may be eligible for compensation. If this may be your case, you should consult with a personal injury attorney with experience in motorcycle accidents so that you can better your chances of a payout in court.
Our firm is equipped with over 100 years of combined experience handling personal injury cases across Texas. Our outstanding record of favorable settlements and verdicts includes over 20,000 successfully resolved cases. Once we take on a case, we are relentless, and you can rely on us to pursue full compensation for you.
- You can trust our attorneys to be compassionate and professional.
- We will fight hard to obtain a fair settlement for you.
- Our firm represents the injured and families who have lost a loved one due to others’ negligent acts.
- We serve as counsel in a range of injury cases – including car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle, pedestrian accidents, premises liability cases, product liability cases, and medical malpractice claims.
- We have the ability to dispatch the Herrman & Herrman Accident Investigative Team to the crash scene to start an investigation and preserve critical evidence.