All of us like to think we’re great drivers. Some of us even think we’re the best drivers on the road. While confidence is key most of the time, it’s important to recognize some rules of the road you may be breaking without even knowing it. Breaking one of these laws could result in a costly ticket, a citation, or negative marks on your license. If you want to know some of the ways you could be breaking the law without even knowing it, here are five you may not realize existed.
Breaking Curfew in Your Area
Breaking driving curfew may not be something you’re aware you could do, because you may not have even realized that there is a curfew where you live. Curfews are often not widely publicized in any given locality. That is why it’s important to familiarize yourself with what the curfew is where you liv
Not Using Your Turn Signal
Some drivers may think that making a lane change or taking a turn without using an indicator light is completely fine, especially if it’s a simple lane change with no one around, or a turn onto your neighborhood street. However, it is the law to use your indicator lights, so be sure to flip on that blinker before turning or shifting lanes.
Texting While Driving
While there are plenty of campaigns that tout the importance of not texting while you’re driving your car as a general safety practice, you may not realize that it is actually against the law to text and drive. Put your phone away, and remember that the message can wait.
Driving Without a Seatbelt
Similar to the texting and driving situation, you may not realize that buckling up is actually the law, even if you’re in the back seat. So click it, or ticket.
Breaking the Speed Limit
Sometimes, you may be driving on stretches of roads or highways that do not have posted speed limits for a while. It’s important to know the standard speed limits: 70 mph for rural freeways, 65 mph for four-lane divided highways, and 55 mph for other highways.
Contact Herrman & Herrman P.L.L.C. at 361.882.4357
Our firm is equipped with over 100 years of combined experience handling personal injury cases across Texas. Our outstanding record of favorable settlements and verdicts includes over 20,000 successfully resolved cases. Once we take on a case, we are relentless and you can rely on us to pursue full compensation for you.
- You can trust our attorneys to be compassionate and professional.
- We will fight hard to obtain a fair settlement for you.
- Our firm represents the injured and families who have lost a loved one due to the negligent acts of others.
- We serve as counsel in a range of injury cases – including car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle, and pedestrian accidents, premises liability cases, product liability cases, and medical malpractice claims.
- We have the ability to dispatch the Herrman & Herrman Accident Investigative Team to the crash scene to start an investigation and preserve critical evidence.