When you hear “Brownsville, Texas,” it’s unlikely that the first thing that comes to your mind is “dangerous intersections.” However, there are intersections in every city and town across the United States that tend to be more dangerous than others. This could be for a number of reasons, from the density of traffic, to the way that the overall area is planned out and structured. Even the most adept and careful Brownsville, TX, drivers are wary of certain intersections. Here are some of the intersections in the Brownsville area that see the most accidents:
- N Frontage Road and Ruben M Torres Boulevard
- N Frontage Road and Morrison Road
- Interstate 69E and International Boulevard
- Sam Pearl Boulevard (where it splits between 12th and 13th Streets)
If you live in Brownsville, you may recognize some of these intersections. They may even be intersections that you frequent on your daily paths: commutes to and from work, dropping off kids at school, or driving to and from the homes of family and friends.
Why are intersections in Brownsville more dangerous?
Intersections tend to have higher rates of accidents than other parts of our vehicle infrastructure because intersections involve flows of traffic going in different directions. It is far easier for a driver to collide with another if they’re running a red light, or if they mistakenly turn without a protected arrow.
How should I avoid accidents at these intersections?
If you’re nearing one of the above dangerous Brownsville intersections, make sure you slow down, stay vigilant, and adhere to all of the posted signs in the area. Additionally, be sure to maintain the same level of care when driving on rural or country roads, as these can be just as dangerous as more urban intersections.
What should I do if I’m in an accident in Brownsville?
If you’ve been in a vehicle collision, should contact a Brownsville car accident attorney. If you were injured or your car was badly damaged and you are not responsible for the accident, speaking with a Brownsville attorney could help you find some relief for these damages.
Contact Herrman & Herrman P.L.L.C. at 361.882.4357
Our firm is equipped with over 100 years of combined experience handling personal injury cases across Texas. Our outstanding record of favorable settlements and verdicts includes over 20,000 successfully resolved cases. Once we take on a case, we are relentless and you can rely on us to pursue full compensation for you.
- You can trust our attorneys to be compassionate and professional.
- We will fight hard to obtain a fair settlement for you.
- Our firm represents the injured and families who have lost a loved one due to the negligent acts of others.
- We serve as counsel in a range of injury cases – including car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle, and pedestrian accidents, premises liability cases, product liability cases, and medical malpractice claims.
- We have the ability to dispatch the Herrman & Herrman Accident Investigative Team to the crash scene to start an investigation and preserve critical evidence.