Texas is one of the largest states in the United States, second only to Alaska in the area. With a state so large containing so many cities and towns, it’s highly likely that some of the intersections in these towns will be dangerous in terms of the likelihood of car accidents. Even the most adept and careful drivers are wary of certain intersections, and the McAllen, TX, drivers are no different. Here are some of the intersections in the McAllen area that see the most accidents, fatal and non-fatal:
- 10th and Business 83
- Sam Houston/Jackson Ave. before Jackson Rd.
- La Plaza Mall Parking Lot
- Nolana and 23rd St.
- Trenton and 10th St.
If you live in McAllen, the odds are high that you’ve driven on some of these intersections. They may even be intersections that you frequent on your daily paths: commutes to and from work, dropping off kids at school, or driving to and from the homes of family and friends. These intersections may be highly populated, or they may just be formatted in a way that makes car accidents more likely to occur.
Why are McAllen intersections more dangerous?
Intersections tend to have higher rates of accidents than other parts of our vehicle infrastructure because intersections involve flows of traffic going in different directions. It is far easier for a driver to collide with another if they’re running a red light, or if they mistakenly turn without a protected arrow.
How should I avoid accidents at these McAllen intersections?
If you’re nearing one of the above dangerous McAllen intersections, make sure you slow down, stay vigilant, and adhere to all of the posted signs in the area.
What should I do if I’m in an accident in McAllen?
If you’ve been in a vehicle collision, whether you were at one of these intersections or elsewhere, you should contact a McAllen car accident attorney. If you were injured badly or your car was badly damaged and you are not at fault, speaking with a McAllen attorney could help you find some relief for these damages.
Contact Herrman & Herrman P.L.L.C. at 361.882.4357
Our firm is equipped with over 100 years of combined experience handling personal injury cases across Texas. Our outstanding record of favorable settlements and verdicts includes over 20,000 successfully resolved cases. Once we take on a case, we are relentless and you can rely on us to pursue full compensation for you.
- You can trust our attorneys to be compassionate and professional.
- We will fight hard to obtain a fair settlement for you.
- Our firm represents the injured and families who have lost a loved one due to the negligent acts of others.
- We serve as counsel in a range of injury cases – including car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle, and pedestrian accidents, premises liability cases, product liability cases, and medical malpractice claims.
- We have the ability to dispatch the Herrman & Herrman Accident Investigative Team to the crash scene to start an investigation and preserve critical evidence