Icy weather is no joke. 😰 Please avoid driving if you can, but if you have to drive in winter weather. Here is some advice on how to safely drive in the winter weather.
Here are some tips if you have to drive in winter weather.
1. USE CAUTION WHEN DRIVING OVER BRIDGES AND PASSES, AS THESE ARE THE FIRST TO FREEZE.
2. REDUCE YOUR SPEED! A VEHICLE NEEDS AT LEAST THREE TIMES MORE SPACE TO STOP ON A SLICK ROADWAY. DON’T APPLY BRAKES SUDDENLY AND AVOID USING CRUISE CONTROL.
3. SLOW DOWN WHEN APPROACHING EMERGENCY OR MAINTENANCE VEHICLES, ESPECIALLY WHEN THEIR FLASHING LIGHTS ARE ON. THE LAW REQUIRES YOU TO MAINTAIN A DISTANCE OF AT LEAST 200 FEET WHEN APPROACHING CREWS.
4. DON’T PASS ON THE RIGHT AND BE CAUTIOUS OF VISIBILITY DURING WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS.
5. BE PATIENT. KEEP TO THE MAIN ROADS AND AVOID TAKING SHORTCUTS THROUGH TERRITORY THAT MAY NOT HAVE BEEN TREATED.
6. CHECK AREA WEATHER CONDITIONS ON RADIO OR TELEVISION BEFORE STARTING A TRIP.
While you are here, read some of our other blogs and enter a giveaway to win a Harley Davidson motorcycle!
ABOUT HERRMAN AND HERRMAN PLLC
With over 100 years of combined experience among the legal team of Herrman & Herrman, P.L.L.C., our Texas personal attorneys have successfully resolved over 20,000 cases. When representing injured Texas residents, we fight for justice against wrongdoing and aggressively pursue the best resolution to complex personal injury claims.
We remain by our clients’ side, handling all aspects of their claims and attending to all legal, medical and financial needs. That dedication is combined with experience, legal knowledge, and insight from a former insurance adjuster and several former insurance defense attorneys. Whether our clients are suffering from physical pain from an accident or the emotional grief of death, we treat clients with compassion. We put their mind at ease during difficult times by answering their questions concerning the length of their claim, medical bills, financial compensation and their overall need for a lawyer.
Start the road to recovery by contacting us for a free consultation and case evaluation.