Our pets are our furry best friends, and in some cases, they may even feel like family members. If you find yourself traveling by car quite often and need to bring your pets along with you, it’s important to know how to keep your fuzzy buddies safe. Whether you’re driving with a cat passenger or a dog passenger, you should know about the best ways to prepare your car and monitor your driving behavior to reduce the risk for your pets.
Secure Your Pet
One of the most important things to remember is keeping your pets safe in your car. Make sure your pet is secure. This is for their safety and theirs as if you are in a collision; your beloved pet may become a projectile that can endanger you and your other passengers. Make sure to invest in a quality crate or cat carrier that can be secured to the floor or seat of your vehicle.
Keep Your Pet Comfortable
Keeping your pet comfortable is also important when you think about keeping them safe. Make sure you bring along pet food, a water bowl, and treats or toys that can reduce their anxiety and allow them to relax while in your car. This is especially important if you are on a long car journey. You may also want to bring a dog or cat bed to keep your pet physically comfortable.
Make Your Car Accessible
To keep your pet safe and comfortable, you should make sure your car is accessible for your pet. You can ensure this by investing in a pet ramp, which is especially helpful for larger animals like dogs who may not be sitting in a carrier.
Keep Rubber Mats and Towels in the Car
Part of keeping your car hospitable and safe in general is making sure you keep it neat and tidy. If you often drive with an animal, you may want to pick up some rubber cargo mats that can be easily removed and rinsed when needed.
Contact Herrman & Herrman P.L.L.C. at 361.882.4357
Our firm is equipped with over 100 years of combined experience handling personal injury cases across Texas. Our outstanding record of favorable settlements and verdicts includes over 20,000 successfully resolved cases. Once we take on a case, we are relentless, and you can rely on us to pursue full compensation for you.
- You can trust our attorneys to be compassionate and professional.
- We will fight hard to obtain a fair settlement for you.
- Our firm represents the injured and families who have lost a loved one due to others’ negligent acts.
- We serve as counsel in a range of injury cases – including car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle, pedestrian accidents, premises liability cases, product liability cases, and medical malpractice claims.
- We have the ability to dispatch the Herrman & Herrman Accident Investigative Team to the crash scene to start an investigation and preserve critical evidence.